Insta-meow

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Am I depressed?

 How to recognise depression

Depression is different from normal sadness as it interferes with your day-to-day life making it hard for you to work, rest and have fun. People with depression experience five (5) or more of the following symptoms almost every day, for two weeks or longer:
  • Persistent sadness or emptiness
  • Loss of interest in all or almost all activities
  • Decrease or increase in appetite; unintentional weight loss or gain
  • Difficulty in sleeping or sleeping excessively
  • Restlessness or feeling agitated
  • Fatigue and lacking in energy
  • Difficulty concentrating or having trouble thinking and making decisions
  • Frequent thoughts of death or suicide
  • Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt
Source

I googled signs of depression and found out this site which states all the symptoms.
Gonna increase the font size of the ones that I experience and see if i'm really depressed...

Oh fuck.
It's basically the whole thing... 
1. Persistent sadness or emptiness (check)
2. Loss of interest in all or almost all activities (check)
3. Increase in appetite for me, and maybe even weight gain. I didn't check but most probably. (check)
4. Sleeping excessively. I sleep at least 7 hours a day plus my naps in the afternoon... (check)
5. Restlessness or feeling agitated. Yes even when i'm not having my period. Fuck. (check)
6. Fatigue and lacking in energy. Fuck. I tweet that i'm tired all the time, and even texts my friends that... (check)
7. Difficulty concentrating... like right now when i'm suppose to be studying... (check)
8. Frequent thoughts of death or suicide. Yes, do i even need to explain how much i want to die? (check)
9. Feelings of worthlessness... All the time, all the time... (check)


Now can I go to the doctor for anti depressant pills?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey thanks for commenting ya! you are the best person in the world! <3