Insta-meow

Friday, October 14, 2011

Music Rant #1

Hi guys, this blog post would be slightly different.
And plus I want to try something new.
So you guys know i'm a audiophile.
I love music.
It's been with me through thick and thin.
When no one else was there, music was.
So what better way to thank and appreciate good music then to post about my favourtie songs or new bands/songs I have discovered along the years.
I'm thinking of doing it often. 
To those who loves music like me too or wants to know more music genre etc. 

And to start of with this music post.
I have decided to introduce to you guys one of my all time favourite song.
I don't think I will ever get sick of this band or this song. 

Presenting...
CARAPHERNELIA - PIERCE THE VEIL 
(Warning!!!! This version has screamo parts!)

I know some of you guys dislike that genre or has no interest in it. 
Well, I'm very open to opinions and I understand!
Because their acoustic version of this song is nice tooo!
So here you go to some listeners who likes acoustic!
Lyrics:
Sunshine;
There ain't a thing that you can do that's gonna ruin my night
(But there's just something about)
This dizzy dreamer and her bleeding little blue boy
Licking your fingers like you're done and
You've decided there is so much more than me. (Oh)
And baby honestly it's harder breathing next to you, I shake
I brought a gun and as the preacher tried to stop me,
Hold my heart it's beating for you anyway
What if I can't forget you? (Oh)
I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you
What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole
Oh
Nobody prays for the heartless (No! )
Nobody gives another penny for the selfish
(You're learning how to taste what you kill now)
Don't mind me, I'm just reaching for your necklace
Talking to my mom about this little girl from Texas
What if I can't forget you? (Oh)
I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you
What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole
Just give her back to me
You know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need
So baby what if I can't forget you? (What if I can't forget you?)
Collide invisible lips like a shadow on the wall and just throw, oh no
You can't just throw me away!
So what if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you
What's so good about picking up the pieces?
What if I don't even want to
What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you
What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole
Just give her back to me
You know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need
So baby what if I can't forget you? (What if I can't forget you?)
I'd better learn to live alone
What's so good about picking up the pieces?


So how do you find the song?
It's pretty intense huh.
So i'm gonna break down the song for you guys and tell you guys why I love it so much.

So lets start from the beginning. 
WHAT EXACTLY IS CARAPHERNELIA?
"The last time I saw my ex-girlfriend, she left all kinds of random things behind at my house: travel shampoo, a razor in the shower, hair clips, etc. It was basically just a bunch of stuff that kept reminding me of her. After a while, it made me miss her, and I wondered why we ever broke up in the first place. When I wrote the music for the chorus, I knew right away that I wanted to ask my friend Jeremy McKinnon [of A Day To Remember] to do the screaming parts on the chorus and bridge. A few weeks after I wrote the song, I approached Jeremy with the idea and he agreed to sing on the album. It turned out to be one of my favorite tracks once we collaborated. One of my favorite things to do is make music with my friends. That collaboration makes the songs very special to me."
- By Vic Fuentes

So I kinda made a conclusion that Cara (was prob his ex gf name) and phernelia actually comes from the word paraphernalia which means personal belongings if dealing with the plural verb which i presume (taken from the dictionary). 
And urban dictionary (which sometimes is bullshit) states that Caraphernelia is "A broken-heart disease whenever someone leaves you but leaves all their things behind."

HAHA. So I must be correct.
And so why I love this song so much?
Because it speaks of the love he once had for his ex. 
The music video is actually what made the song even more love by me.

If you know me, I love music videos. Especially if the songs I like have a music video with it.
And if the music video is good. The whole song would be exceptionally love by me.
So after I watched the video. I fell in love with PTV instantly. 
I don't know about you, but I love to read music videos.
Meaning I love to break them down.

In this music video, you can see that all four members have a gf. Even Jeremy who is in A Day To Remember, also have one. And in this industry, you have to make sacrifices for your passion. 
So when the band goes on tour. Obviously you can't bring you gf along. I mean there are so many factors to it. And obviously in a relationship, distance is always that factor that might spoil it. And you can see in their daily lives that they are struggling with that. To be able to balance their work life(music), with their friends(the band members) and their girlfriends. That's why at one part of the video you see Vic's gf (cara?) cheated on him. Which is so very sad. 

BUT THAT ISN'T WHY I LOVE THEM.
Not cause his gf cheated on him or whatever. 
It's because at the end of the video, you see a significant scene where they pass their phones to that dude. 
Doesn't that trigger something?
For music, they are willing to sacrifice their personal lives, to put their personal lives on hold.
To dedicate that time specially for their screaming fans. 
No distractions. 
Just purely music and their fans. 
I really like bands like these.

:')

So I hope you enjoy this post about music! 
There would be more coming!
Stay tune!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

hey thanks for commenting ya! you are the best person in the world! <3